We usually use these two terms to indicate the difference between a self-build exhibition stand and one which is fully built by your stand builder
DIY = Do-It-Yourself stand, or a “self-build stand”. You buy and build these exhibition stands yourself.
FSC = Full-Service Concept stand. Your stand builder arranges the entire concept for you: project management, installation, dismantling, and storage.
When do you choose a self-build exhibition stand, when a Full-Service Concept stand?
In general, it is pretty easy to build smaller stands (max. 24m2) yourself. That is if these stands have been designed based on a lightweight modular stand system (Creeya, Expo Prestige, Expo Truss, Highline).
This DIY exhibition stands consist of modules that allow easy transport and construction. Dependent on the size of the stand, they easily fit in a delivery van (type Volkswagen Caddy, Peugeot Partner, etc.) or a bus (type Volkswagen Transporter).
The advantages of a modular DIY stand are:
- You know exactly what you have
- You don’t depend on third parties
- You are flexible, as you can easily adapt a modular DIY exhibition stand to different spaces
- You can build the stand in advance (for example at work) and test it
- You can easily adjust the communication of your stand by using other printed panels and graphics
- You save a lot of money. After all, a stand builder charges most of the money for “man-hours”.
The disadvantages of a modular DIY stand are:
- You only recover the costs if you use the do it yourself stand several times. If you plan once-only exhibition participation, you’d better rent an exhibition stand.
- Larger stands (24-100 m2) are difficult to build yourself, to be stored to transport. Besides, regulations for larger stands are more complex as these large stands are usually (much) higher than the standard height.
- You must arrange everything yourself (furniture, floor covering, audio-visual-electricity-rigging, etc.)
Advantages of our FSC stands and stand building
You don’t have to arrange anything yourself. The entire stand inclusive of furniture, carpet, hanging banners, audio-visual, etc. is arranged for you. You simply walk in and the exhibition can start
Anything is possible, even large, special and complex exhibition stands
If you wish to rent a stand (as you don’t know yet or/when you will participate in the next exhibition) we recommend a FSC-stand. In that case, you don’t have to invest in their own stand.
Disadvantages of FSC
You pay for the stand builders who build up your stand. In the case of larger stands, the costs might be a couple of thousands of Euro. In the case of a foreign exhibition, you will face high traveling and accommodation expenses. In the case of an Expo DIY, these costs are not applicable.
It is important and necessary to make clear agreements with your stand builder, so you will both know exactly what to expect from each other. It’s the only way to get what you want.
DIY or FSC – Which one should you go for?
If you are a seasoned exhibitor having a calendar full of shows throughout the year, then investing in DIY stands can be your best bet.
On the other hand, if you’re a newbie and you exhibit not more than twice or thrice a year, then you should choose FSC to stand.
If you are looking for a trade fair stand that gives you optimal functionality and maximum flexibility, then opt for a do-it-yourself booth from Expo Exhibition Stands. We offer you a large selection of innovative and attractive exhibition stand designs.
You do not need any special tools, professional training or operating instructions to assemble our DIY exhibition stands. You can easily assemble and disassemble them without any prior knowledge. See for yourself! You will be surprised at how easy it is.
Are you still confused and would like to receive more information on DIY- or FSC-stands? Contact us and discuss your best options with us.
About Expo Display Service:-
Expo Display Service has over 4 decades of experience in exhibition stand designing and construction, making it your most reliable exhibition partner in Europe.
We have the largest online catalog on exhibition stand designs! With just 3 clicks on our, Expo Stand Configurator get your perfect match!