25 quick tips for a successful international exhibition
Being an exhibitor calls for an overall expert who can look at everything from a wide perspective. But when you plan to exhibit internationally, there are a number of things to keep in mind. Right from knowing the local language to being familiar with the local exhibition norms, you have to be on your toes at it. As an international exhibitor, you will meet people from various languages and cultures, which will eventually have an impact on your exhibition. Contacting the best exhibition stand builder is a part of the job but it is not all that you need to worry about. There might be times when you are the show stopper at the exhibition in your country but standing apart in international shows is a different ball game. Not easy to master, exhibitions come with added difficulties and when you plan to participate in international shows then you ought to know the intricacies.
If you are an international exhibitor wondering how to make an exhibition successful, then these quick and handy tips to international exhibiting will get you through the entire process swiftly.
1. International exhibiting calls for more planning and efficient time management you could either hire an exhibiting company to do it for you or plan months in advance. Remember failing to plan is planning to fail.
2. Do in-depth research before you go abroad for exhibiting. It might sound cliché but a foreign nation has different exhibiting rules and regulations that you must be aware of.
3. Know about the country you are visiting the exhibition. Study enough about the culture, the city you plan to visit, the people and local rules as well as a few necessary local greetings.
4. There may be few words or phrases that might not be politically correct in the country you are exhibiting. So, learn about the cultural and political differences, which will help your interactions with the local attendees as well.
5. Language is a vital element that plays a key role while you are exhibiting in abroad. For instance, different cultures have different connotations for phrases. So, if you are exhibiting in the USA, it is better to write “will you please…” in your e-mailers. Be aware of these differences when you brainstorm show stand ideas for your exhibition stand.
6. There are countries where exhibiting is costlier than your home country. Know that beforehand to avoid any last-minute hassles. For example, exhibiting in the USA is 5 times costlier than in Europe. It is mandatory to have enough cash in pocket for incidental costs and have a stress-free exhibition. In your quest to have the best exhibition stand designs make sure you don’t bust your bank.
7. The usual expectations should be avoided but rather you should be more adaptable to the local situations arising in the exhibiting region. By conforming to your usual expectations you might miss out on new expo stand ideas and opportunities.
8. Few countries do not accept cash for show services. So, be sure to carry your credit card along or make arrangements for pre-payments through online bank portals. Be aware of international charges and exchange rates and how they will affect your total budget.
9. International shipping is harder and if your exhibition materials are heavy and need to be shipped then you should plan your shipment accordingly. Since delays of any kind can and will cost you dearly.
10. Contact your cell phone service provider and ask if you can use it overseas as well. Do this a month prior to your show for shunning any last surprises. Always ensure that you can be easily contacted by your associates during the show.
11. Hire local persons as booth staffs. It is advisable to do so as the local person is well-versed with the native language and can make sure that your visitors are not ignored. Furthermore, locals will be able to assist your understanding. Having local booth staff members can bolster your strategy on how to attract visitors to your exhibition stand.
12. Have your flyers, business cards, brochures and pamphlets printed in English as well as the local language. This gives a sense of proximity to the exhibition visitors and lets them know what your brand is all about.
13. Be well-versed with the local decision-making process too. For instance, decision making in the USA is usually rapid and spontaneous whereas in Asian countries it follows a bottom’s up system.
14. Getting your exhibition stands and exhibits through customs is a daunting task. It is better if you rent the same locally with a reliable exhibition stand builder.
15. Be as flexible as possible. Managing an exhibition show or promotional stand in a foreign land is a tedious task. It is better if you are not stubborn with regards to the management of the show and are willing to listen to your team for innovative exhibition ideas.
16. Keep an open mind and be willing to look for alternative designs that appeal to the local target audience. Sometimes the best exhibition stand ideas come from new experiences and perspectives.
17. Keep your smartphone with you at all times, this will make it easy for you to communicate and navigate places.
18. Ensure that your bank has a branch which your access during your stays.
19. Know what the standard closing hours are since for every country it is different.
20. Be sure to note the time difference when traveling.
21. When coming up with exhibition name ideas take the local language under consideration.
22. Avoid having an oversized or heavy exhibition stand which will be expensive to transport during an exhibition eventually affecting the logistics cost of a trade show. Instead, look for smaller and lightweight booths which can be easily transported and set up.
23. You should always do in-depth research about your allotted space at a trade show. Understand its dimensions; know which brands will be in your neighboring stands and come up with effective exhibition tips & tricks accordingly. Also, know about all the elements that will be provided by the organizers which will affect your trade show booth setup.
24. Make sure the exhibit company you choose, provide you with extraordinary exhibition stand design tips that are quirky to make your booth stand out. Also, always design your stand design in such a way that it appears inviting. Make sure that your booth is clutter-free which will help the customers to concentrate on your product more and involve them in your brand.
25. Make use of fewer than three colours for your exhibition equipment. This will help you in creating a unified appearance of your exhibition stand thus giving a professional edge to it. Also, choose merely 3 textures for each display element at the booth.
The exhibition is a massive playground for networking yourself and your brand. The right and not the best exhibition stand can make your business stand apart and make your brand presence bigger. Even cheap exhibition stand ideas can create a lasting impression in the minds of attendees if done in an emphatic manner
Use these exhibition ideas tips for your design, incorporating them while you are planning for a show abroad and have worthwhile show experience.
About Expo Display Service:-
Expo Display Service has over 3 decades of experience in exhibition stand designing and construction, making it your most reliable exhibition partner in Europe.
Established in 1979 we have the largest online catalog on exhibition stand designs! With well over 900+ designs for you pick from. In just 3 clicks on our Expo Stand Configurator get your perfect match!