Should I rent or rather buy a booth? It’s a frequently asked question.
For a good answer, below issues should be taken into account:
⦁ How often do you participate in an exhibition?
⦁ What’s the company’s policy in terms of investments and how does it handle budgeting?
⦁ Would you like to build the booth yourself or do you prefer full-service booth building?
Let’s start with the last issue; you can only rent a booth if you wish a full service concept. In that case everything will be taken care of: Design, floor, floor covering, hanging banners, audio – visio, catering, transport, construction and dismantlement.
The advantages of renting a booth
1. Possibility to exhibit with a totally different booth at every exhibition
2. Concept and design can be optimally adjusted to specific exhibition and target group
3. You need less “cash-out”- lower costs instead of higher investment
4. You don’t have to store your booth. Afterwards, you will return it to the booth builder
5. Construction and dismantlement are taken care of
6. If you participate in an exhibition for the first time, rental might be a good option. It allows you to test both booth and effectiveness of the participation for your company and further optimize it
7. It might be cheaper to locally rent a booth if you participate in foreign exhibitions (dependent on country and location of course). You will save money on high transportation costs and shipment.
The disadvantages of renting and the advantages of buying your own booth
1. You can only rent a booth in combination with full service. It is not possible to build the booth yourself and save money. So, costs might be higher.
2. If you regularly participate in exhibitions, renting a booth will cost much more than buying one. After all, you have to pay for booth development over and over again, especially with timber booths. Modular booths are reusable, however still cost much more.
3. Renting a booth over and over again will cost a lot of preparation time. After all, you have to think of a new concept again and again.
4. Renting is a cost/debit item, where buying a booth is a depreciation.
5. Dependant on the booth system you selected and your own possibilities you can transport, build and dismantle the booth yourself, in you buy one. It allows you to realize big savings on your budget as you don’t need an external booth builder.
6. Having an own booth means you know exactly what you have and what it looks like.
7. You can build your own (modular) booth in advance ( “pre-building”). In this way, you will never face surprises.
In short: Buying a booth is a much better option if you will use your booth minimum three times. Buying is the best option if you wish to build and dismantle the booth yourself.
Will you participate in exhibitions sporadically? Aren’t you able/willing to build the exibition stand yourself ? Don’t you have enough budget to invest? Renting will be the best option for you!
Do you wish to know more about renting or buying exhibition stands? Contact one of our consultants or request an offer for both options.