Being an exhibitor calls for an overall expert who can look at everything from a wide perspective. But when you plan to exhibit internationally, there are a number of things to keep in mind. Right from knowing the local language to being familiar with the local exhibition norms, you have to be on your toes at it. As an international exhibitor, you will meet people from various languages and cultures, which will eventually have an impact on your exhibition. Contacting the best exhibition stand builder is a part of the job but it is not all that you need to worry about. There might be times when you are the show stopper at the exhibition in your country but standing apart in international shows is a different ball game. Not easy to master, exhibitions come with added difficulties and when you plan to participate in international shows then you ought to know the intricacies.
These quick and handy tips to international exhibiting will get you through the entire process swiftly.
1. International exhibiting calls for more planning and efficient time management
2. Do an in-depth research before you abroad for exhibiting. It might sound cliché but a foreign nation has different exhibiting rules and regulations that you must be aware of.
3. Know about the country you are visiting for the exhibition. Study about the culture, city, people and few local greetings.
4. There may be few words or phrases that might not be politically correct in the country you are exhibiting. So, learn about the cultural and political differences, which help your interactions with the local attendees as well.
5. Language is a vital element that plays a key role while you are exhibiting in abroad. For instance, different cultures have different connotations for phrases. So, if you are exhibiting in the USA, it is better to write “will you please…” in your e-mailers.
6. There are countries where exhibiting is costlier than your home country. Know that beforehand to avoid the last-minute hassles. For example, exhibiting in the USA is 5 times costlier than in Europe. It is mandatory to have enough cash in pocket for incidental costs and have a stress-free exhibition.
7. The usual expectations should be avoided but rather you should be more adaptable to the local situations arising in the exhibiting nation.
8. Few countries do not accept cash for show services. So, be sure to carry your credit card along.
9. International shipping is harder and if your exhibition materials are heavy and need to be shipped then plan your shipment accordingly.
10. Contact your cell phone service provider and ask if you can use it overseas as well. Do this a month prior to your show for shunning any last surprises.
11. Hire local persons as booth staffs. It is advisable to do so as the local person is well-versed with the native language and can make sure that your visitors are not moved away.
12. Have your flyers, business cards, brochures and pamphlets printed in the local language. This gives a sense of proximity to the exhibition visitors.
13. Be well-versed with the local decision-making process too. For instance, decision making in the USA is rapid whereas Asia countries follow a bottom’s up system.
14. Getting your exhibition stands and exhibits through customs is a daunting task. It is better if you rent the same locally with a reliable exhibition stand builder.
15. Be as flexible as possible. Managing a show in a foreign land is a tedious task. It is better if you are not stubborn with regards to the management of the show.
Exhibition is a massive playground and you go to trade show booth apart to make your brand presence bigger. Use these best tips and incorporate them while you are planning for a show abroad and have a worthwhile show experience.
About Expo Display Service:-
Expo Display Service has over 3 decades of experience in exhibition stand designing and construction, making it your most reliable exhibition partner in Europe.
We have the largest online catalog on exhibition stand designs! With just 3 clicks on our Expo Stand Configurator get your perfect match!